Seaweed pinch pot

Seaweed pinch pot

Friday, 16 September 2016


Spring... and I'm ready for some moving on

This winter I've been stymied by kiln and glaze difficulties. My rather basic old top-loading kiln that I acquired earlier this year seems to cool too fast for my glazes, in particular the one glaze that I was getting into in a big way. The normally frosty satin-mat surface comes out glossy and flat with no iron flecks drawn out of the body as I am used to.  As I await the fitting of a more sophisticated controller that will allow me to slow-cool and encourage crystal formation I've got greenware and bisqued work building up in the studio, and ideas bubbling away that i'm trying to not loose my grip on while I'm in this awkward hold period.
And I have a market on Sunday. Before the new wave of work bursts forth (i.e. once my glaze and kiln trouble is sorted!) there is still time to enjoy the fruits of winter's slow ferment. I'll be selling all stock at 10% off to celebrate the end of winter. Come along to the Thornbury Bowls Club (11am-3pm) for another WAM pop up makers market. There will be scones!



No comments:

Post a Comment