The past two weeks I've been busy dunking and pouring glaze, trying to clear the bisque shelf. It's been very satisfying to see some stock building up. It's great to see the conclusion of a few projects too... like my first batch of lidded jars.
These are the successful ones - but there were also a few less successful, such as one where the jar lid distorted and wasn't round enough for the lid. The very first ones, which featured in this earlier post, were thwarted by bad luck - the coloured slip I used to do the stencil decoration came out a really off-putting brown, reminiscent of overdone fake tan (I had thought I'd tested this slip...) then a kiln loading mishap when doing a second glaze firing (the first one wasn't hot enough for clear glaze to become transparent) concluded with two of the jars with lids permanently fused. Just as well I didn't like the look of them anyway! A few lessons learned though, so that's all good.
I've also been trying to generally get my space a bit more organised in the past week. A bit of a studio clean up was in order and to the extent that I've managed it it feels good. Then I saw this post by Carter Gillies on knolling (which I understand is a sort of compulisive organising of objects into like shapes and sizes).... and I see that I have a long way to go!