Seaweed pinch pot

Seaweed pinch pot

Sunday, 8 December 2013

Conclusion of 2013 - farewell to Mudcolony the blog!

I've been fishing up loose ends in the studio for the conclusion of 2013. Here are a few bits and pieces.
some little salt bowls with a new favourite glaze on interior
A jug and two beakers - part of a small batch of thrown pieces I used to further experiment with iron-stained wax resist. Next time I'll apply the resist more thickly (and maybe the glaze more thinly). I'm enjoying the spontaneous brush marks even though the method still needs refinement.


My blogging has been a bit sporadic recently but tonight I'm motivated by my desire to contribute a final blog entry to Mudcolony (the wonderful blog that draws a bunch of ceramics bloggers together in the one place). I want to say a big thank you to Adrianna Christianson (inventor and administrator) and the other bloggers there - I'm very much a newby in the Mudcolony community but I've been made to feel very welcome and it's been so great gaining a sense of access and connection to people who work in clay! With the mudcolony blog now finishing I'm hoping to engage more with this wonderful community via the facebook group!

Happy festive season everyone!
(Dried slices of blood-orange are giving my kitchen window a festive feel this summer).




No comments:

Post a Comment