Seaweed pinch pot

Seaweed pinch pot

Sunday, 8 September 2013

More stencilling... and a big pot on the way

A very quick post just to prove to myself I'm still at it. I have a shortage of photos of finished works of late because I'm still messing around with inefficient and mostly unsuccessful glaze tests (aargh!) and letting bisqued work build up on the shelf. 
I do have fun with slip from time to time though. And I'm making a big coiled vase - really enjoying this scale actually. Just need a bit more time!

Some slip/stencil decorated mugs in progress (have put handles on by didn't take a photo yet)

Large coiled vase under construction... nearly finished actually. (Just sitting on the wheel because it's a easy height to work on it from, not wheel thrown at all as you can see).
Hello to the friendly ceramics folk at Mud Colony - you inspire me to keep focused and keep blogging, thank you!


2 comments:

  1. Hi from another Mud Colonist :^)
    That big pot is looking good, remember to show us how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I'll certainly aim to share the finished result. I'm just mulling over surface treatment at the moment.... carved or not? I'll just have to make another few so I can try all options I reckon. Thanks for looking!

      Delete