Seaweed pinch pot

Seaweed pinch pot

Sunday, 11 August 2013

pots in progress...



feathery seaweed pinch pot

pinch pot with forked seaweed design




















Once again loving the making process with pinch pots and a few coils. Returned from our winter beach trip with seaweed strewn beaches imprinted on my mind so am having fun with seaweed inspired carved designs on these pinch pots. Some are more direct interpretations than others!








I'm hoping to join in with mud colony this week for the first time - what an exciting thing to be part of, a whole lot of ceramicists sharing blog posts in one spot - have a look!
pinch pot with abstract algae/basket design
pinch pot with tangled seaweed with air bladder

















Vase (pinched and coiled) with a design inspired mainly by my 2 year old's spiderweb drawings, but also reminiscent of single cell algae (!!)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome...you're going to enjoy Mud Colony. I joined about a year or so ago and have enjoyed every minute of it.

    I love your name Riverwife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited about mud colony. And thanks for letting me know you like the blog name - I sometimes wonder if it seems a weird name to those who don't have the same associations with it that I do!

      Delete
  2. Yippee, welcome aboard (from another new colonist!). Your seaweed pots are lovely, I really like the algae basket one. And a bit of toddler collaboration can be a fantastic thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia! Yes, I'm learning to embrace some toddler collaboration, although I'm still not very zen about said toddler getting his fingers in clay while I'm working on my own work - have learned that separation between kids clay time and my clay time is definitely best for me.

      Delete